HERE’S HOW THIS AWARD WORKS:
- I list 11 random facts about myself.
- I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I’m a vegetarian.
2. My husband and I have four cats and one dog, all rescues!
3. I have my Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE).
4. I have been a teacher for the past seven years.
5. I lived in Dalkeith Palace for a semester.
6. I moved to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands after university and I taught at a private school there for two years.
7. My dog is a therapy dog and we make regular visits to a school for children with autism.
8. I earned straight A’s in graduate school.
9. I love sleeping in on the weekend!
10. I am obsessed with the Real Housewives shows!
11.I love old school rap music and one of my cats is called Biggie Smalls!
ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES: “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” -Anton Chekhov
JAIME GUERARD’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
Who is your favorite author? My favorite author is Cornelia Funke. She has written several amazing books and series that I loved reading! My all time favorite series is the Inkheart Trilogy, which Cornelia Funke wrote.
What is your favorite quote? ““You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f--- on.”
What type of genre do you like to read? Why? I love to read Young Adult Fantasy and paranormal! These are my favorite genres because as a reader, you are able to get lost in the magical world created by an author. You can closer your eyes and picture yourself there. It is a truly euphoric experience!
Where do you hope to be in 5 years? In five years, I hope to be a bestselling author!
How long have you been writing? I loved writing as a young child; however, I didn’t seriously start writing until May of 2012.
Who has inspired you throughout your life? My family, loved ones, and other authors have inspired me throughout my life.
What is one word to describe your personality? Motivated! If I set a goal, chances are extremely good that I’m going to reach that goal!
What is your favorite book? Why? My favorite book is Inkheart. Cornelia Funk does an amazing job creating a unique and intriguing story that draws the reader in! I sped through all 560 pages of this book and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the sequel! Love, love, LOVE this book, author, and series! Read it!
Life’s to short for… Trying to keep up with the Jones!
What is your desert island food (you only get one choice)? Banana Cream Pie! YUM!
If you could have one celebrity on your speed dial, who would it be and why? Amanda Hocking. She would be an excellent friend to bounce writing ideas off of and to talk to for inspiration!
HERE ARE MY NOMINATIONS. PLEASE CLICK ON THEIR LINKS BELOW AND TAKE A LOOK AT THERE WEBSITES.
Jen Naumann – http://www.jennaumann.com/about-me/
Jennifer O’Neill – http://www.hawaiihealings.com
Shane Scollins – http://shanescollins.blogspot.com
Amanda Hocking– http://amandahocking.blogspot.com
Ashley Robertson – http://www.ashleyrobertsonbooks.com
Jessica Gibson – http://thisauthorslife.blogspot.com
Melissa Lummis – http://www.melissalummis.com
Jillian Kuhns – www.jilliankuhns.com
Brenna Fawley Layne – http://writerdotmom.wordpress.com
Janet Robinson – http://www.janet-robinson.com
Sue Armstrong – http://suestrong315.wordpress.com
NOMINEES…HERE ARE YOUR 11 QUESTIONS:
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. Where do you enjoy writing?
4. Do you have a writing routine?
5. What is genre do you enjoy reading? Why?
6. Do you have another career besides writing? If so, what is it?
7. Who is your favorite character? Why?
8. If you could magically insert yourself as a character into any book, which book would you choose and why?
9.What is your favorite thing to drink while writing?
10. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
11. Are you a part of any writing or critique groups?